We run 14 diesel vans on local delivery, roughly 90km a day each, and we're looking at going electric. Our yard has a 100A supply and the quote for upgrading the transformer is eye-watering, so the plan is overnight AC charging instead of DC.
Has anyone here actually made 22kW per van work on a similar duty cycle? I keep hearing that plugging in at 5pm and unplugging at 6am is fine in theory, but I'd like real numbers, especially through winter with heaters and a loaded van.
Also curious what payload you gave up. Our vans are usually near GVWR, and the electric versions look 300kg heavier.
Has anyone here actually made 22kW per van work on a similar duty cycle? I keep hearing that plugging in at 5pm and unplugging at 6am is fine in theory, but I'd like real numbers, especially through winter with heaters and a loaded van.
Also curious what payload you gave up. Our vans are usually near GVWR, and the electric versions look 300kg heavier.